Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
The Economy - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The Economy (/showthread.php?tid=285)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - T42 PVM - 26/07/2012 15:12

VOTE GREEN!!! :P

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - DVL418 - 26/07/2012 20:22

(26/07/2012 15:12)bolton bus basher Wrote:  VOTE GREEN!!! :P

Isn't she the transport minister?

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - St Helens Rider - 26/07/2012 20:30

(26/07/2012 15:12)bolton bus basher Wrote:  VOTE GREEN!!! :P

Absolutely spot on. At the moment, they appear to be the only alternative apart from a painful revolution.

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - T42 PVM - 26/07/2012 20:51

and they gaining more and more votes each time plus they stand for the right reasons, am going to vote for them

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - mbonwick - 26/07/2012 21:11

Show me their credible policies on anything but the climate and maybe I'll consider it......oh wait, they don't have any!

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - T42 PVM - 26/07/2012 21:13

http://greenparty.org.uk/policies.html

they do have other policies

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - wirralbus - 26/07/2012 21:19

The green party are just like any other party once they get power , in it for there own ends.

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - T42 PVM - 26/07/2012 21:21

i really dont think that, their polices really stand for something that have a strong meaning and will have a huge impact on us all (in a good way)

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - mbonwick - 26/07/2012 21:21

(26/07/2012 21:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  http://greenparty.org.uk/policies.html

they do have other policies

Yes, doesn't mean they are credible or have even the remotest chance of working though.
Idealist, blue sky thinking is all very well but life just doesn't work like that.

RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!) - CX54 DKD - 26/07/2012 21:24

I found it almost humorous how that page is written and how the policies are outlined. Maybe it's just me being a skeptic but there seem a lot of "we will"s and promises of change but there doesn't seem to be huge explanation into how they would go about doing that in some areas. Reminds you of some of the promise made by the Liberal Democrats at the last general election, no?

All of the parties can be just as bad as each other. My only huge gripes with the current government is the attempted privatisation of the healthcare system and changes to the pension system which I do believe are unfair. There are other much minor niggles too but at the last general election, I still believe the Conservatives offered the best way forward.

I think had we seen a continued labour leadership, we'd be in a much deeper double dip because realistically, where would continued spending have seen us? That was another gripe I had when reading the Green Party policies - there seems to be a lot of free prescriptions, bringing the railways back under public control etc. which is great and I'd relish.... if we could afford it. Where would the money come from to achieve all of their policies? Do we simply start spending money we don't have again increasing national debt? Doesn't sound like a move forward to me.