Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Christmas Services - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Christmas Services (/showthread.php?tid=902)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Christmas services - mathias - 14/11/2014 14:09

I notice the NWVRT are operating the 80D Mann Island to Garston service on Boxing Day using heritage buses.

The service may be free, but it's nice to stick a few quid in the donation bucket as diesel ain't cheap these days (not to mention the hard work and dedication of keeping these classics roadworthy).

RE: Christmas services - Sprinterdriver - 14/11/2014 18:37

But still getting on for twice the price of a decade ago.

SD.

RE: Christmas services - Sprinterdriver - 15/11/2014 18:17

Even without FDR, which of course the NWVRT won't get, it was around 70p a litre a decade ago, now around £1.20 a litre, so still a good deal more!

SD.

RE: Christmas services - Sprinterdriver - 16/11/2014 09:13

That then gets into the realms of needing an operators licence.

Fair point about the fuel, I've a pic of a Merseybus Titan passing a petrol station and diesel is 71.9, the photo was taken in 1999, so more like 15 years ago! Time flies!

SD.

RE: Christmas services - MX12CFE - 21/11/2014 07:55

The details of the Christmas day bus services have now been finalised and are up on Merseytravels website. Stagecoach will be operating them.

RE: Christmas services - J654UHN - 21/11/2014 11:48

Route 80D: Liverpool - Garston (Boxing Day) FREE service operated by NWVRT
This service will be operated by heritage vehicles, so they won’t be fully accessible. A few suprises will be out this year and no im not giving any details

RE: Christmas services - St Helens Rider - 21/11/2014 12:56

Christmas Day:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotions-attractions/Documents/Christmas%20Day%20buses.pdf

New Years Day:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotions-attractions/Documents/New%20Year%27s%20Day%20buses.pdf

Yet again on New Years Day South Liverpool and Maghull get an all day service while either have nothing or early evening finish.

RE: Christmas services - wirralbus - 21/11/2014 15:02

I do wonder about them services in South Liverpool and Maghull what the logic is for them services to operate all day .

RE: Christmas services - Barney - 21/11/2014 16:52

(21/11/2014 15:02)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder about them services in South Liverpool and Maghull what the logic is for them services to operate all day .

The services in question are tendered services that connect with Northern line trains at Maghull and LSP. I assume that when the contracts were awarded it was stipulated that they would run whenever the trains did. If they didn't run I suspect that very few passengers in these areas would use the trains if it meant a two mile walk home from Maghull station or LSP. It's not ideal but I suppose it's better than nothing - if you live in along these bus routes, of course.

RE: Christmas services - St Helens Rider - 21/11/2014 17:49

(21/11/2014 16:52)Barney Wrote:  The services in question are tendered services that connect with Northern line trains at Maghull and LSP. I assume that when the contracts were awarded it was stipulated that they would run whenever the trains did. If they didn't run I suspect that very few passengers in these areas would use the trains if it meant a two mile walk home from Maghull station or LSP. It's not ideal but I suppose it's better than nothing - if you live in along these bus routes, of course.

There are other rail stations on Merseyside which normally see tendered services Evenings & Sundays but aren't served. St Helens Junction for example, is completely without buses on New Years Day. Not good when it is the town's main link for trains to/from Manchester.