Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
The Yellow Duckmarine - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Yellow Duckmarine (/showthread.php?tid=600)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - wirralbus - 18/06/2013 12:15

This sounds to me like the operating company is trying to place the blame elsewhere , but i think with two sinkings so close to together that people even if they was to start up again would be doubtful now .

Whose doing the inquiry into this sinking VOSA or MAIB.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - mbonwick - 18/06/2013 15:57

It happened on water, therefore its a MAIB investigation.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - mathias - 18/06/2013 16:01

(18/06/2013 12:15)wirralbus Wrote:  This sounds to me like the operating company is trying to place the blame elsewhere , but i think with two sinkings so close to together that people even if they was to start up again would be doubtful now .

Whose doing the inquiry into this sinking VOSA or MAIB.

Seems ironic that barge owners came to the rescue of the sinking Duckmarine after it wrecked its underside on a discarded tyre.

I'd love to know where the tyre came from.
It just seems strange that since the Leeds-Liverpool canal was extended to include the Pier Head, Albert and Salthouse Docks that such a serious accident should occur.

I'm not blaming the barge owners for the discarded tyre, but it does make you wonder...

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - Mal - 18/06/2013 22:04

I usually do daft jokes, but this ain't funny, so let's be sensible about this, lads. They are / were a good reliable company and in more than 10 years had only 2 recorded accidents (that I know of). It may very well be 2 too many, but they had become part of the street (and water) scene of the city. According to Radio Merseyside they had carried over 1 000 000 passengers without a problem. I have been on the tours themselves and would go on them again. Personally, I hope they get things rectified and start running again. Good luck to them!

Mal

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - Raawwwrrr! - 19/06/2013 06:50

(18/06/2013 22:04)Mal Wrote:  I usually do daft jokes, but this ain't funny, so let's be sensible about this, lads. They are / were a good reliable company and in more than 10 years had only 2 recorded accidents (that I know of). It may very well be 2 too many, but they had become part of the street (and water) scene of the city. According to Radio Merseyside they had carried over 1 000 000 passengers without a problem. I have been on the tours themselves and would go on them again. Personally, I hope they get things rectified and start running again. Good luck to them!

Mal

2011 There was 2 incidents where the wheel had snapped off the bus and simply rolled down the road. One of these was outside St Georges Hall (I do have a photo of this), I'm not too sure why, but I believe the other was towards China Town on the tour.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - motormayhem - 19/06/2013 07:21

I remember the one near st georges hall as it was sat in tge middle of the road for a while.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - MPTE1955 - 19/06/2013 09:32

(19/06/2013 07:21)motormayhem Wrote:  I remember the one near st georges hall as it was sat in tge middle of the road for a while.

I remember one breaking down there and they had to roll it all the way back to get it out of the way.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - MPTE1955 - 21/06/2013 18:58

The company that owns these tours has gone into administration, reported on the BBC.

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - SF07 - 21/06/2013 19:11

(21/06/2013 18:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The company that owns these tours has gone into administration, reported on the BBC.

Here's the link for anyone wanting to read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-23009846

RE: The Yellow Duckmarine - B10B6514 - 23/06/2013 10:31

Could be a surprising redeployment for the DUKWs here :- http://www.otsnews.co.uk/yellow-duck-marines-back-as-tourist-attraction-for-southport/