Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bus Scene: Elsewhere (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 (/showthread.php?tid=503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - kuyoyo - 09/01/2013 19:17

Stagecoach have today announced a £75million+ order for 430 new buses and Coaches to be delivered during the 2013-2014 finance year.

The split is as followed:
  • 113 ADL Enviro 400 Dennis and Scania double-deckers
  • 98 ADL Enviro 300 Dennis and Scania single-deckers
  • 140 ADL Enviro 200 Dennis midibuses
  • 1 Optare Versa midi-bus
  • 32 Optare Solo mini-buses
  • 10 Plaxton Panther Volvo B13R coaches
  • 8 Plaxton Elite Volvo B13R coaches
  • 10 Plaxton Elite i Volvo B11R coaches
  • 10 Van Hool Altano TDX 21 left-hand drive coaches for Megabus Europe
  • 10 Van Hool Astromega double-decker sleeper coaches for Megabus Sleeper and daytime Megabus services

More details here: http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2013/2013-01-09.aspx

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - Southernsofty - 10/01/2013 14:08

(09/01/2013 19:17)kuyoyo Wrote:  Stagecoach have today announced a £75million+ order for 430 new buses and Coaches to be delivered during the 2013-2014 finance year.

The split is as followed:
  • 113 ADL Enviro 400 Dennis and Scania double-deckers
  • 98 ADL Enviro 300 Dennis and Scania single-deckers
  • 140 ADL Enviro 200 Dennis midibuses
  • 1 Optare Versa midi-bus
  • 32 Optare Solo mini-buses
  • 10 Plaxton Panther Volvo B13R coaches
  • 8 Plaxton Elite Volvo B13R coaches
  • 10 Plaxton Elite i Volvo B11R coaches
  • 10 Van Hool Altano TDX 21 left-hand drive coaches for Megabus Europe
  • 10 Van Hool Astromega double-decker sleeper coaches for Megabus Sleeper and daytime Megabus services

More details here: http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2013/2013-01-09.aspx
I wonder why the Scania/ADL chassis breakdown isn't detailed, anyone got any ideas?
Also (One for MBonwick possibly) we know that the current new vehicles 'diverted to Wigan' will be replaced, are they included in these totals or will the replacements be over and above?

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - mbonwick - 10/01/2013 16:43

All vehicles 'diverted' to recent First aquisitions have already been replaced by the extension of the current 2012/3 order.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - Polo Mint - 11/01/2013 13:38

May I ask what's with the single order for the Versa? Ordering only one seems odd.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - mbonwick - 11/01/2013 14:04

No breakdown has been provided, so we don't know where its going.

Last year was exactly the same with 1 versa being ordered - that went to Aberdeen to join the 3 existing on JET routes.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - gilesbus1 - 14/01/2013 23:05

Only 78 vehicles will be on Scania chassis, there is no information of what it comprises between decker and saloon i've got that information from the Scottish Courier newspaper article which says 106 vehicles to be bodied by ADL Group subsiduaries but on Scania or Volvo chassis, so if you take away the Volvo coaches thats what your left with the remaining vehicles will be on ADL chassis appart from the Optares and the Van Hools.

The solitary Versa is probably for a specific contract where a standard Stagecoach ADL isn't suitable for what ever reason or to add to an existing depot of Versa's an extra unit rather than add in an oditity of a different make for an insignificant number.

I must comment seperately to this to say that I find that the order based on previous years is actually quite low, is there a reason for this when DDA Compliancy must be at the top of the operators priorities especially where step endrance buses exist or early Dart SLF's?

Given also the fact that potential other FirstGroup depots could be purchased that would then spread the order even greater, as each operation so far taken over has taken round 20-30 new buses up based on the fact that the depots First are selling haven't had much investment in stock for a considerable number of years. That therefore gives Stgaecoach another headache esapecially if the significant sized operation that First is rumoured to be disposing of in the South West was bought.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - Southernsofty - 14/01/2013 23:34

(14/01/2013 23:05)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Only 78 vehicles will be on Scania chassis, there is no information of what it comprises between decker and saloon i've got that information from the Scottish Courier newspaper article which says 106 vehicles to be bodied by ADL Group subsiduaries but on Scania or Volvo chassis, so if you take away the Volvo coaches thats what your left with the remaining vehicles will be on ADL chassis appart from the Optares and the Van Hools.

The solitary Versa is probably for a specific contract where a standard Stagecoach ADL isn't suitable for what ever reason or to add to an existing depot of Versa's an extra unit rather than add in an oditity of a different make for an insignificant number.

I must comment seperately to this to say that I find that the order based on previous years is actually quite low, is there a reason for this when DDA Compliancy must be at the top of the operators priorities especially where step endrance buses exist or early Dart SLF's?

Given also the fact that potential other FirstGroup depots could be purchased that would then spread the order even greater, as each operation so far taken over has taken round 20-30 new buses up based on the fact that the depots First are selling haven't had much investment in stock for a considerable number of years. That therefore gives Stgaecoach another headache esapecially if the significant sized operation that First is rumoured to be disposing of in the South West was bought.
Gilesbus
First thanks for the info ref number of Scanias.
I would suggest that Stagecoach are being financially 'prudent'.
My number crunching suggests that the order for 140 Enviro 200s is actually @ the right size to replace @ 50% of pre DDA (Pre 2001 Darts).
You have probably seen MBonwicks post confirming that thenew vehicles diverted to Wigan/Wirral/Chester will be replaced with extra vehicles added to the current 2012/2013 orders
My figures suggest that Stagecoach are on target to meet the DDA deadlines and I include all pre 2001 low floors in that figure.
The vehicles are described in the press release as 'meeting Euro 5 emission standards'.
My understanding is that given that all vehicle delivered from 01/01/2014 have to be Euro 6, then assuming they only meet Euro 5, they will have to be delivered by December 2013. (it is possible of course that the Enviro 200s might be constructed to Euro 6 standards?).
Ditto this for replacing 11 metre single decks and minibuses.
I suspect that come 2015/2016 a large number of 2003 Tridents from London will be acquired from the leasing companies and converted and cascaded to Manchester Magic bus/Fife etc.
I agree with your comment re further acquisitions but SC can only deal with the known and in any case they have a large number of older vehicles as a reserve fleet.
Stagecoach also have a consistent history of 'add-on orders'.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - gilesbus1 - 14/01/2013 23:42

(14/01/2013 23:34)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(14/01/2013 23:05)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Only 78 vehicles will be on Scania chassis, there is no information of what it comprises between decker and saloon i've got that information from the Scottish Courier newspaper article which says 106 vehicles to be bodied by ADL Group subsiduaries but on Scania or Volvo chassis, so if you take away the Volvo coaches thats what your left with the remaining vehicles will be on ADL chassis appart from the Optares and the Van Hools.

Gilesbus
First thanks for the info ref number of Scanias.
I would suggest that Stagecoach are being financially 'prudent'.
My number crunching suggests that the order for 140 Enviro 200s is actually @ the right size to replace @ 50% of pre DDA (Pre 2001 Darts).
You have probably seen MBonwicks post confirming that thenew vehicles diverted to Wigan/Wirral/Chester will be replaced with extra vehicles added to the current 2012/2013 orders
My figures suggest that Stagecoach are on target to meet the DDA deadlines and I include all pre 2001 low floors in that figure.
The vehicles are described in the press release as 'meeting Euro 5 emission standards'.
My understanding is that given that all vehicle delivered from 01/01/2014 have to be Euro 6, then assuming they only meet Euro 5, they will have to be delivered by December 2013. (it is possible of course that the Enviro 200s might be constructed to Euro 6 standards?).
Ditto this for replacing 11 metre single decks and minibuses.
I suspect that come 2015/2016 a large number of 2003 Tridents from London will be acquired from the leasing companies and converted and cascaded to Manchester Magic bus/Fife etc.
I agree with your comment re further acquisitions but SC can only deal with the known and in any case they have a large number of older vehicles as a reserve fleet.
Stagecoach also have a consistent history of 'add-on orders'.

It does give some information to it, also no doub't nothing here is for London as those are leased and only required upon tender renewals.

The Scania split to me from the figures would suggest 28 saloons and 50 deckers perhaps as the most likely split, but of course I could be wrong.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - cumbria0902150 - 14/01/2013 23:57

All buses currently ordered are due to be delivered in 2013.
I can't go into much detail with how the order is split but there's 106 Scania's in total.

RE: Stagecoach Order 2013-14 - volvodart - 19/03/2013 11:53

Stagecoach Bluebird in Aberdeen have received Scottish Green Bus funding for another 3 Enviro 350H hybrids to be delivered early next year.

http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2013/2013-03-19-stagecoach-orders-more-low-carbon-buses.aspx