Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Perhaps if certain buses weren't held together with GAFFER TAPE then the buses would probably be worth keeping. As I for my predictions, S3JPT East Lancs Spryte *a.k.a the gaffer tape bus* will deffo be scrapped, the Enviro300s will go to Ensign and possibly be sold to First, the Leyland Olympian will hopefully be preserved and the Primos will need a bit of work doing before sale. As for the rest, probably Barnsley even though some vehicles do look nice (the Volvo B10L) and the President may be tidied up a bit as there might be a demand for low-floor deckers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/04/2014 12:01)joe_alker Wrote:  Perhaps if certain buses weren't held together with GAFFER TAPE then the buses would probably be worth keeping. As I for my predictions, S3JPT East Lancs Spryte *a.k.a the gaffer tape bus* will deffo be scrapped, the Enviro300s will go to Ensign and possibly be sold to First, the Leyland Olympian will hopefully be preserved and the Primos will need a bit of work doing before sale. As for the rest, probably Barnsley even though some vehicles do look nice (the Volvo B10L) and the President may be tidied up a bit as there might be a demand for low-floor deckers.

I ask what about ex-Chester BMC Falcon BU53PNV still there or gone? Hope to hear from you soon.
(25/04/2014 12:47)326VFM Wrote:  I ask what about ex-Chester BMC Falcon BU53PNV still there or gone? Hope to hear from you soon.

I think this bus was out on 217/218's a few Sundays ago. Plain white with fleetnumber 401?? Not 100% sure on reg
I did photograph it a few weeks ago:

https://www.facebook.com/josephalkerphot...=1&theater

I think it will be sold to a dealer to see some more useful life
JPT services have all been registered with Stagecoach Manchester. Rumour confirmed.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(25/04/2014 14:59)P528LND Wrote:  JPT services have all been registered with Stagecoach Manchester. Rumour confirmed.

Confirmed on Stagecoach website. Services taken over by Stagecoach from tomorrow (26 April)

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=1695
Will this still possibly result in a Public Inquiry for JPT, despite the transfer of routes?
Yes, depending if the repute of the named people on the JPT licence needs to be determined.
I saw three JPT buses (an Olympian, Dart and something else) heading towards Stagecoach Wigan depot this evening.
It now seems like Stagecoach will retain a number of JPT vehicles. Now as far as I know they haven't actually acquired any from JPT themselves but will take over the leasing of several vehicles.
Apparently one is already in the paint shop and a second is waiting to go in and several Primo's have appeared in the rear yard of Hyde Road, not sure if these will be retained or not.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)