Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Could it just be a temporary arrangement, until they get their own vehicles drafted in from elsewhere? I do know that following transfer of a Trident from West Scotland to East Scotland, an Enviro400 has moved to Manchester, though I think that was originally due to increased operations in response to First buying Finglands.

Roughly how many vehicles work has been taken on by Stagecoach Manchester?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/04/2014 07:53)robertclark125 Wrote:  Could it just be a temporary arrangement, until they get their own vehicles drafted in from elsewhere? I do know that following transfer of a Trident from West Scotland to East Scotland, an Enviro400 has moved to Manchester, though I think that was originally due to increased operations in response to First buying Finglands.

Roughly how many vehicles work has been taken on by Stagecoach Manchester?

Not 100% sure on PVR but I think today will be interesting to see whether Stagecoach use any of the JPT vehicles or not, I'd be very surprised if they did.
Apparently a small number of JPT vehicles have now turned up at Wigan depot.
Does anyone know what's going with the depot? Have Stagecoach bought the JPT depot or acquired the lease, because I heard Hyde Road are operating some services so I take it as a no. I assume Greengate will also operate ex-JPT services?

Were the staff transferred over the Stagecoach Manchester?
(26/04/2014 12:53)Polo Mint Wrote:  Does anyone know what's going with the depot? Have Stagecoach bought the JPT depot or acquired the lease, because I heard Hyde Road are operating some services so I take it as a no. I assume Greengate will also operate ex-JPT services?

Were the staff transferred over the Stagecoach Manchester?

Only the contracts/services and some staff have transferred to Stagecoach as of Midnight last night. But nothing has been acquired, including the depot and any vehicles. If Stagecoach were seen to have 'acquired' anything from JPT during the transfer of staff/services it could be seen as a buyout which I'm sure the OFT would be very interested in.
Ok I have a couple of follow up questions if you don't mind answering them:

1. Do you know which routes are operating from which depots? and are they being operated by ex-JPT staff?

2. Why are JPT vehicles at Stagecoach depots?
The veichles may be getting stored as the owner may of given the lease up on his old yard or till the owner sells them on or scraps them or as was stated stagecoach may be taking over the lease of some of the buses.
(26/04/2014 13:11)Mayneway Wrote:  Only the contracts/services and some staff have transferred to Stagecoach as of Midnight last night. But nothing has been acquired, including the depot and any vehicles. If Stagecoach were seen to have 'acquired' anything from JPT during the transfer of staff/services it could be seen as a buyout which I'm sure the OFT would be very interested in.

I believe that 41 vehicles were acquired along the business of JPT. and the two Enviro300's 454 (ST59JPT), and 455 (RT59JPT) have already entered the paint shop at Hyde Road.
(26/04/2014 16:09)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I believe that 41 vehicles were acquired along the business of JPT. and the two Enviro300's 454 (ST59JPT), and 455 (RT59JPT) have already entered the paint shop at Hyde Road.

I'd be very surprised if that was true. Unless of course the owner of JPT 'gave' Stagecoach the vehicles. As I've already said if the vehicles were acquired then that is technically a buy out which is completely different to what's actually happened and would require agreement from the OFT.

There seems to be a lot of rumours flying about at the moment regarding exactly has gone on.
Look at the sale of Finglands to First. First acquired the licence and services for an amount of money so in leymans terms First bought out Finglands, which required a 'yes' from the OFT which took several months to sort.
(26/04/2014 15:24)Polo Mint Wrote:  Ok I have a couple of follow up questions if you don't mind answering them:

1. Do you know which routes are operating from which depots? and are they being operated by ex-JPT staff?

2. Why are JPT vehicles at Stagecoach depots?

1. Not a Clue. Hyde road was today operating the 118 I'm told and AZ were operating the 343 and at a guess the evening 217. I would think Middleton is doing the bulk of the work. As for staff, at a guess I would say most JPT drivers who have took up jobs with Stagecoach will spend the next few days going through Standard Stagecoach training before being able to drive on the road but again don't quote me on that.

2. Again not a clue. Lots of rumours doing the mill but I very much doubt Stagecoach have acquired all 41 roadworthy (to a degree Wink ) vehicles. One plausible suggestion is Stagecoach are storing some vehicles while the Joshua lane site is cleared. Don't forget it was a very tight yard when full and there's bits of buses tucked away in every corner but again don't quote me on that.

I think it's just a waiting game. Everything should become clear in a few days.
(26/04/2014 13:11)Mayneway Wrote:  Only the contracts/services and some staff have transferred to Stagecoach as of Midnight last night. But nothing has been acquired, including the depot and any vehicles. If Stagecoach were seen to have 'acquired' anything from JPT during the transfer of staff/services it could be seen as a buyout which I'm sure the OFT would be very interested in.

I am still not quite sure how Stagecoach have managed it without attracting the attention of the various regulators, but if they have they need to be congratulated.They appear to have kept the buses running for the customers, retained some of the staff, and a cheap and nasty outfit are off the roads of North Manchester, which is great for all the other road users.

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)