Current time: 04/10/2024, 18:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I was told it was being Withdrawn this week but unable to confirm either way

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/04/2015 19:02)Dentonian Wrote:  That would be 22186 at Middleton. I saw it on the usual 112/114/118s on Saturday, but I believe it was withdrawn that night. Just to clarify, are you saying that this is now at Wigan.
Also, the most of 30 or so MANs parked up at Wigan have been there for quite a few months now, so I'm trying to establish which ones have gone to PVS.

22186 was withdrawn after service on Saturday and driven to Wigan on Sunday morning along with 4 or 5 other older MANs.
Am not able to Confirm what TRJ's left Wigan as i past them on the Motorway, Unless someone on here knows someone within Stagecoach we will have to wait for the Fleet Card to come out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I knew it had to happen sometime but last night while I was out with a friend of mine on his 425s I noticed one of Ashton's Hybrid Enviro400s on 343/350 circuit, not sure if its been mentioned on here but from what I gathered the tendered 343/350 Stagecoach do now interwork with each other in Oldham.

Also from what I've seen so far this week Stagecoach Middleton Depot are using a Primo daily on 406 sevice
(16/04/2015 09:28)Dentonian Wrote:  I know its a pet hate of mine, but I still can't fathom out why those "enthusiasts" who hang around scrapyards and take loads of photos, never report the indivdual vehicles. Certainly, no clues on the latest fleet card, but we're probably only a fortnight away from the first one of 2015/6

There is an Enthusiast on Flickr known as Stan Butler, He is often taking photos of Buses in the Scrap Yards so its possible one of his photos might be able to ID them, I will keep a close eye on his Flickr Page and if anything does show up i post the Link on here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/04/2015 09:28)Dentonian Wrote:  I know its a pet hate of mine, but I still can't fathom out why those "enthusiasts" who hang around scrapyards and take loads of photos, never report the indivdual vehicles. Certainly, no clues on the latest fleet card, but we're probably only a fortnight away from the first one of 2015/6

Last period of 2014/5 is due out at the end of next week.

If I remember rightly there was a major falling out with the scrapyards a few years ago, with enthusiasts going in uninvited to get logs to post on forums such as this. Since that point in time, those who 'hang around the scrapyards' as you put it have had to make do with big camera lenses and photo enlargement to get the majority of IDs.
(16/04/2015 09:34)Dentonian Wrote:  The thought of 'deckers on the 343 in the 21st century certainly seems strange, but I assume this is done for (crew) scheduling efficiency. When you've got single-deckers on such as the 347 it doesn't create the right impression to the council taxpayer that a 78 seater is running on a service that needs public funding. Also, the fast (by suburban standards) quiet roads of Saddleworth and north Tameside are not what hybrids are designed for.

From what I've seen since Sunday the 343,348 and 350 are worked by diesel and hybrid Enviro400's. The 237 is one decker one Enviro200. I'm yet to see the 232 workings so I'm unsure what's used there but when I tried to dig up the timetable yesterday on the TFGM website nothing was available.

What I find interesting as a tax payer and user of the late evening bus services from Glossop is that I've gone from sharing my bus with between 5-10 other people (prior to Sunday) I now have the complete bus to myself for much of the journey home - hardly cost effective - and what's the chances that in 6 months time the evening service is pulled altogether because no ones using it.
I've tried to look through some flickr streams but its hard to sit and sift through them when between each bus picture is around 10 photos of trains and another 10 or so trams (which all look the same anyway) so yes I agree t would be easier to a have a more discernable order.
22394 appears to be back in Stockport after its recent move to Hyde Rd
I notice also, 22391 is finally back in service after its argument with the taxi office.

User(s) browsing this thread: 196 Guest(s)