Current time: 11/09/2024, 11:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 DartSLF.com Bus Awards
RE: 2016 DartSLF.com Bus Awards
1 - Who was the best company of the year?
Townlynx for taking on a lot of the ex GHA work
2 - Who was the worst company of the year?
Catch22 for the whole shenanigans with the TC
3 - Which North West depot do you think made the most progress in 2016?
Stagecoach Gillmoss for the massive investment in the new Enviro400 MMCs, they look smart and I'm hoping to go ride on them soon.
(This can be any depot located in the North West region)
4 - What bus(es) were the best delivery to a company of the year?
(This includes new and old buses to a company/depot that may have already been in use!)
Cadets to Rhyl. Much more capacity on the 35/36(A) Circulars, I like the MPDs but they aren't big enough IMO. Also all the B10BLEs that came on loan to Wales (except for 2711), they are solid for their age and it'll be sad to see them go in a few weeks.
5 - What withdrawn bus(es) were the hardest goodbye from a company of the year?
2722 & 2724. They should have stayed in service a little longer they were only at Chester a few months before withdrawal, also 2713/16/27 that came to Rhyl and Chester before returning to the North West. Also the DK09 Gxx B7RLEs leaving Chester for Grimsby was a sad sight, I'm a big fan of those buses.
(This includes new and old buses that left a company/depot, even if they're still in use elsewhere!)
6 - Which bus(es) looked the smartest during the year?
Stagecoach Enviro200 and Enviro400 MMCs I think, hoping to go on more of them soon
7 - What was the rarest sighting of the year?
Probably Arriva MPD LF02 PTZ (922) on the 12 Rhyl-Llandudno
8 - What was the biggest surprise in the industry of the year?
GHA going down. Didn't think that would happen, thought they had a lot of money with the amount of relatively new vehicles in the fleet, I thought Townlynx would have gone first (I'm very glad they didn't tho, I'm a big fan of theirs and hope to work for them when I'm older)
9 - What was the biggest disappointment in the industry of the year?
Probably GHA going
10 - What bus was the best during the year?
Arriva Renown 2727. Better condition than its age would suggest, love for it to be preserved or bought by another operator
11 - What bus was the worst during the year?
Any of the Pulsars at Chester depot (besides 2660) or 2711. Pulsars rattle so much and 2711 is very slow
12 - What bus(es) are you most looking forward to in 2017?
More Cadets coming to Rhyl, extra capacity on circulars as mentioned before. Also the new deckers for Wrexham look great and I'm excited for them
13 - What bus(es) would you like to see in the North West in 2017?
Volvo B8RLE/Eclipse 3. I think more operators should buy these, especially for longer journeys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 DartSLF.com Bus Awards - Y727 KNF - 11/02/2017 19:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)