Current time: 03/10/2024, 22:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Subsidy for TfL bus services is £600m a year!
RE: Subsidy for TfL bus services is £600m a year!
This is ridiculous, services around the country where people have to walk further to get a bus are being cut and London has £600m a year in subsidies! And only 400m to catch a bus! I have to walk 1.5 miles for my nearest bus service after mine was cut, and that is an hourly service to nowhere big!
With just over a quarter of this you could finish the plans for completing the GWML electrification (the 4 parts which were deferred).
They should streamline the London bus system a bit more, an example of this would be combining the 22 and 414 routes to create one through route from Putney Common to Maida Vale, cutting the 22 at Hyde Park Corner (where people can change onto other buses or the Piccadilly line, or even walk!) I think they are starting to do things like this, like how they cut I think the 89? and changed the 13 and 139.
EDIT: Looking at the first page of the paper I see why, I know the corridor the 14/414 run along can get very busy! Maybe a solution to this would be short workings on the 14 between Putney Bridge and Piccadilly Circus, replacing the 414/22 services there then running the 22 as I stated above? Of course this is just a fantasy, but it reduces numbers making it less confusing and also 'streamlines' services, something London needs to do more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Subsidy for TfL bus services is £600m a year! - busesdotorg1920x - 15/04/2017 11:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)