Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The annual dartslf.com awards - 2017 edition!
RE: The annual dartslf.com awards - 2017 edition!
1 - Who was the best company of the year?

I'm biased but Stagecoach Merseyside, Cheshire & South Lancashire due to continued investment in their fleet, lots of new double deckers once again at all four depots.

2 - Who was the worst company of the year?

I don't think any company was 'bad' really!

3 - Which North West depot do you think made the most progress in 2017?
(This can be any depot located in the North West region)

Stagecoach MCSL Gillmoss Depot (again, I'm biased!) lots more new double deckers such that most of the main routes get deckers a lot of the time and on Sundays almost everything gets deckers! Lets hope the investment continues with even more!

4 - What bus(es) were the best delivery to a company of the year?
(This includes new and old buses to a company/depot that may have already been in use!)

Stagecoach Chester 80035 DF66AEC Merecedes Sprinter/Mellor Strata....

Well, maybe not but it is unusual! I'd have to say a tie between the Gold Enviro400MMCs at Rock Ferry, the new Scania/Enviro400MMCs at Preston or the BYD/Enviro200MMCs at Green Lane.

5 - What withdrawn bus(es) were the hardest goodbye from a company of the year?
(This includes new and old buses that left a company/depot, even if they're still in use elsewhere!)

Perhaps an unusual one but HTL Buses V980XUB, sad to see this one go

6 - Which bus(es) looked the smartest during the year?

I'd have to say the Stagecoach Gold Enviro400MMCs but the Arriva Green Lane BYD/Enviro200MMCs look great too.

7 - What was the rarest sighting of the year?

A few I know of, more so from driving buses but the most random one I know of is of Stagecoach Gillmoss 24134 PO59HXZ MAN 18.240/ADL Enviro300 on route 135 on 14/03/2017 ably driven by one of our forum members! Only time it happened and I still don't know how he got it around the route lol

I swapped it for Optare Solo 47710 MX54YZT when I took over lol

Stagecoach Cumbria open top Volvo B5L/Wright Gemini 3 13802 BV17CTF doing a day on 82/86 on 25/07/2017 and later Preston route 2 must go down as rare though - certainly didn't expect that until a few days before hand

8 - What was the biggest surprise in the industry of the year?

The Arriva strike I would say - didn't think it would go on as long as it did.

9 - What was the biggest disappointment in the industry of the year?

Reduction of some contract services which maybe are required even if they aren't "viable" economically

Lack of development also in more bus priorities, bus lanes, traffic light priorities, red routes etc

10 - What bus was the best during the year?

Volvo B5L/Wright Gemini 3 13802 BV17CTF was a very nice bus but I like all Enviro400MMCs of all types so all of those too!

11 - What bus was the worst during the year?

Can't think of one really

12 - What bus(es) are you most looking forward to in 2018?

More Enviro400MMCs!

13 - What bus(es) would you like to see in the North West in 2018?

Electric Enviro400MMCs - if they can be made to work as well as normal diesel ones

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The annual dartslf.com awards - 2017 edition! - buses7675 - 31/12/2017 22:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)