Current time: 19/09/2024, 22:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
Like the example I gave with Merseytravel and all their rules. If CWACC implemented them, drivers would think twice before stand blocking and parking in silly places.

Stand allocations can easily be done if you know what you are doing. You just simply make it into a slots and work it out from there. It could just be my autism but I somehow have a talent with timetables and stand allocations (which has been recognised by a few companies).

Small things make a big difference. If you can't allocate stands properly, nothing else works. As is being proved with the current X2/X8 and NX situation.

If Arriva move in, they are likely to end up on the outside blocking those stands. Through no fault of their own, they will cripple the bus station.

With Stagecoach MCSL MD and Arriva Chester Depot Manager sitting in the bus station a few times recently observing, hopefully between them they can pressure the council into sorting the stands.

It's funny when the Arriva 15 comes in as it always parks on the curve so it can get into stand H as soon as it becomes available. At the same time the 10, 10A or 11 (I'm unsure which) likes to park up on the inside but reverses as far back as possible so it can get easily into stand F. These two buses block the whole of Chester bus station. It isn't Arrivas fault in some senses, the 15 is waiting for a stand and the 10,10A or 11 can't get on stand. If it was all planned out better though, this wouldn't happen. (for example simply swapping stand F and J would mean the 10/10A/11 would still park in the middle but would face the opposite way and not cause as many issues. Stand J most buses have little/no layover so the layover issue is removed and buses can run more smoothly. Simple change, improves the running of the bus station).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)