Current time: 04/10/2024, 03:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
(29/01/2019 15:55)Brickmill Wrote:  Further, apart from All Night markets being a different clientele, you have picked two corridors that there is evidence to suggest are overbussed. Although historically highly profitable, I've heard that Bus Reform studies of peak loadings on Rochdale Road corridor revealed surprisingly low numbers. As for the 36/37/38, that proves that Stagecoach DO cross the county to compete with First, and anecdotal evidence suggests that it is probably THE most overbussed corridor in the county, despite the 38 having the lowest (on bus) fares in the county.
I don't think they can be that 'overbussed'. IF that were the case, all of these services wouldn't be running so often. I think that is one thing that can be said given all the cuts to buses, there must be money on these corridors or they wouldn't have regular services.
I know the night buses are mainly used by younger people. Uni students to be somewhat precise. There is market for other people to use the night buses. The 36/37/38 passes Salford Uni which would help a lot.

When I mentioned Stagecoach not going into First areas, I was referring mainly to routes like the 8 which aren't covered at all by Stagecoach.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport - iMarkeh - 29/01/2019 18:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)