Current time: 19/09/2024, 21:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
(28/06/2023 12:46)CUL 73V Wrote:  It isn't "utter tosh" I'm afraid, it's reality. The organisation responsible for the situation your community is unfortunately in will be the same one responsible for the delivery of franchising. Merseytravel. I suggest you direct your misguided annoyance at them and your local politicians, not the private sector. It's the former who have failed to do their job for the residents in your area.

That is true, but they've undeniably wasted quite a lot of this money. £6.5 million was spent on introducing the Walrus card, only for it to be phased out and replaced six years later. Conveniently, the financial cost of this unnecessary decision doesn't seem to be available, but it won't have been cheap. How many vital services could that money have supported?

I'd love to have a go, but I'm a Liberal Democrat and Old Swan only votes for Labour councillors.

I'm afraid it is, firstly, the smart ticketing projects would have been funded by grant funding, Walrus wasn't replaced but evolved into the Metro Card, which I'm sure can all agree is a good thing.

I could wax lyrical about the impact of austerity brought about in part by the fib dems, needless to say, local government funding and Merseytravel has been decimated.

The fact of the matter is that our bus network has been decimated by the private operators, just look at East Cheshire which has been abandoned by Arriva and the fact of the matter is Merseytravel doesn't have the funding to fill the gaps
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - 1466 - 28/06/2023 18:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)