Current time: 28/09/2024, 20:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 Bus Companies selling up
RE: 2 Bus Companies selling up
(24/07/2013 22:13)mbonwick Wrote:  Don't forget that Trent Barton is owned by the Wellglade Group, and I can't see them selling up...
I was assuming with all the speculation that this meant the Wellglade group, you make it sound as if Wellglade is a much larger holding co, when in fact it's T-B and it's various subsidiaries!
All this speculation came about because Coach & Bus spoke of a 'Medium sized company, acting as a buffer' between other bigger companies, in this case Arriva & Stagecoach.
Depending on how you define 'Medium sized' - I would guess 75 + vehicles is a starting point, then only Wellglade, EYMS, Western Greyhound, Cumfybus, D&G/SLT, Uno, Travel de Courcy, Yourbus, Sanders, Stephensons, & Norfolk Green fall into this category.
If we include mainly coach companies who operate some buses, then Holmswood group, Johnsons Henley in Arden, Heyfordian, Weaverway, Galloway & Compass can be thrown into the pot.
Centrebus & Rotala PLC could of course be described as Medium sized compared to the big boys, I think they are @ 500+ each.
I have discounted Transdev, RATP (in expansive mood themselves,) & Abeilo as all are part of much larger foreign owned groups.
Time will tell, the rumours may turn out to be just that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Bus Companies selling up - Southernsofty - 25/07/2013 05:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)