Current time: 20/09/2024, 01:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Destinations no longer displayed
RE: Destinations no longer displayed
(14/11/2014 16:33)MTL0201 Wrote:  No chance of that happening, whilst it may not be perfect but i'd rather keep the system we have now, PTE was losing a lot money in those days, plus i don't trust Fat Joe to run a bath never mind public transport. One benefit of d-reg has been the Cross River services, which still be going to Woodside rather than through the tunnel had d-reg not occurred.

When you say "PTE was losing a lot of money" I assume that you are referring to the funding that central government had provided for decades but Thatcher's Tory government decided was too generous for those up north. Of course now the only part of the UK where the current government is prepared to "lose a lot of money" is in London where Fat Boris can write blank cheques for his vanity projects. Also, I assume that you mean Mayor Joe Anderson when you are referring to "Fat Joe". It might surprise you to learn that he is NOT the chair of the Merseyside's ITA and would have little input into any re-regulated bus service in Merseyside.

I might be wrong but I suspect that you are not able to distinguish between personalities and policies. No doubt this post will be deleted as my previous two were. Goodnight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Destinations no longer displayed - Barney - 14/11/2014 22:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)