Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DartSLF Bus Awards 2014
RE: DartSLF Bus Awards 2014
1) Arriva North West - fantastic investment in much needed extra capacity for Green Lane, Bootle and St Helens depots. I think the higher specification found on these and previous Enviro400 deliveries in 2014 is excellent and has really enhanced the travelling experience with their bright, spacious and comfortable interiors
2) No answer
3) Definitely the new Enviro400s for Green Lane and St Helens in particular. Both depots have needed double deck capacity for a long time. I think the Myllenniums at Green Lane are a good short term capacity increase but are due to be replaced with double deckers later in the year which I think will be a better long term solution
4) A joint one. The Marshall Capitals - not a personal favourite but I didn't mind them - because they were the end of an era and now aside from training vehicles there's no more ex MTL buses with Arriva. Also I think the ex-London DLAs that were withdrawn throughout 2014 as I found they had excellent ride quality and were always pleasant to travel on. It's good to see at least a small number have a future as open top buses in Rhyl
5) I really like the look of the Arriva MAX Pulsars at Rhyl - so for me it probably has to be those
6) I can't really think of any - possibly seeing VLW 4209 on the 78 back in September I think it was
7) A very pleasant surprise - double deckers for Green Lane and St Helens depot. I don't think either depot has had brand new deckers for over 20 years so it's really pleasing to see it happen
8) I can't really think of any - probably the Wright StreetDeck because I'm not a big fan of the new design at all - I much preferred the original design
9) A tough choice. Double deck would be Arriva Speke's 4569 which is an excellent Enviro400 in all departments and single deck would be ex-Green Lane 2719 which I've always had a soft spot for!
10) I'd have to say 2224 myself. I could hear it vibrating from a fair distance away and it wasn't very nice to ride on either unfortunately
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DartSLF Bus Awards 2014 - SK15 GZG - 02/01/2015, 20:39
RE: DartSLF Bus Awards 2014 - J654UHN - 03/01/2015, 00:51
RE: DartSLF Bus Awards 2014 - SK15 GZG - 03/01/2015 15:06
RE: DartSLF Bus Awards 2014 - H101GEV - 03/01/2015, 17:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)