Current time: 04/07/2024, 16:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buses in the US
RE: Buses in the US
(11/04/2016 10:31)R879 HRF Wrote:  The I-Ride line I travelled on 2 years ago was $2 flat fare, $1 for child and $0.25 for seniors. 7 day adult pass $12, so still pretty cheaper than here!

I travelled by bus in Mojacar, Spain in 2013. The route it took was approx. 45 mins round trip, and ran up the mountains to a small town. That was 1euro flat fare, which I think worked out at approx. 80 british pence per journey!

Massive disparities in fares, or at least in so much as I have experienced. The best was 25c flat fare (a small town circular), another was $1 flat through the centre of San Francisco and the worst was $7 for a 5 mile journey through the outskirts of Oakland.

I have noticed this old trolley bus design that was mentioned. A relatively new vehicle reminded me of the old Ikarus Citibuses - very limited seating inside as well, and not a lot of space to hold on for standees. It is really strange over here! Still bamboozled each time I use public transport; including getting on a regional train which drove down an actual main road high-street, even stopping at a red light!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Buses in the US - E400 - 07/04/2016, 02:26
RE: Buses in the US - R879 HRF - 10/04/2016, 08:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)