Current time: 11/09/2024, 20:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upcoming service changes in Merseyside
RE: Upcoming service changes in Merseyside
(26/07/2024 18:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  A2B have won the 811 back from Selwyns. Good job really as Selwyns have ran it like absolute cowboys, regularly missing out parts of the route.

I've been led to believe that A2B drivers have been driving Selwyns buses on this service?

Does anyone actually use this service? I just see empty buses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think its mainly used for Bromborough & Deeside Industrial Estates becuase I see some people get on and off there
I've used the route in full, only from Broughton to Moreton as that saved having to go through Chester, the majority of the loadings are Deeside to Bromborough, but even then buses on the 811 are lightly loaded.

Merseytravel launched the 811, with 3 other routes on the Wirral 20 years ago under the Joblink brand, the 811 is the only one of the original routes left [another one has become 38B].

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(28/07/2024 00:13)MTL0201 Wrote:  I've used the route in full, only from Broughton to Moreton as that saved having to go through Chester, the majority of the loadings are Deeside to Bromborough, but even then buses on the 811 are lightly loaded.

Merseytravel launched the 811, with 3 other routes on the Wirral 20 years ago under the Joblink brand, the 811 is the only one of the original routes left [another one has become 38B].

Thats another service I think no one gets on the 38B it is very random starting in Noctorum and then running around Prenton then to Birkenhead and to Eastham avoiding Derby Road and Croft Retail. It also starts at 5 in the morning so Im guessing it just carries fresh air except for the odd passenger just like the late evening 1A/1B/1C services
(28/07/2024 11:26)Merseysidebusenthusiast Wrote:  Thats another service I think no one gets on the 38B it is very random starting in Noctorum and then running around Prenton then to Birkenhead and to Eastham avoiding Derby Road and Croft Retail. It also starts at 5 in the morning so Im guessing it just carries fresh air except for the odd passenger just like the late evening 1A/1B/1C services

I live on the Overchurch Road section of the 1B and no matter what time of day or night the most I have ever seen on this service is 1 or 2 people but most of the time it goes by empty.
(29/07/2024 08:35)moreton407 Wrote:  I live on the Overchurch Road section of the 1B and no matter what time of day or night the most I have ever seen on this service is 1 or 2 people but most of the time it goes by empty.

The 1/1A/1B/1C are so useless and messy the 901 was perfect starting at Leasowe and serviving Moreton, Saughall Massie and Moreton Town Meadow Area but instead they replaced it with 4 useless and confusing services and to solve the issues allow cross travel between services a complete waste of Merseytravel money to fund late evening serices it should be focused on other services like the 418 for example
The whole point of the 901 was that it connected with trains at Leasowe [which is why the Evening & Sunday 901 had a 20 minute Layover at Leasowe] & served roads in Moreton were normal buses don't operate, the 1/1A/1C replacements no longer connects with trains, the Evening & Sunday.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I don't quite understand why they will fund a bus service that serves the back streets of Moreton and Leasowe but won't fund an evening and Sunday bus service that connects major housing estates like Beechwood and Noctorum with the town centre and the local hospital.
(27/07/2024 11:44)moreton407 Wrote:  I've been led to believe that A2B drivers have been driving Selwyns buses on this service?

Does anyone actually use this service? I just see empty buses.
The 811 would be used a lot more if it wasn't ran by cowboys and people knew where it went.

I know someone who has been in contact with Merseytravel about the service as even under A2B every bus did it's own route and under Selwyns it's been even worse.

Just for some examples.
On Monday, the 16:17 trip ran upto 8 minutes early though Deeside Ind Estate, didn't go into Stena and terminated itself at Moreton Cross and didn't continue to Leasowe, The 17:17 trip tracking suggests the bus didn't serve the stop at Broughton Tesco, ran upto 5 minutes early though Deeside Ind Est, didn't serve Bromborough Pool Village and then terminated itself early just before Bidston station.
On Tuesday, 2 AM trips missed Queensferry Asda. The 16:17 trip terminated early at Moreton Cross and the 17:17 trip seemed to have an issue around Sandycroft so diverted through Chester to get to Deeside Ind Estate however upton leaving the Ind Est, then missed out Little Sutton and despite being only 15 mins late, didn't serve stops after Bromborough Mendell Close.

In 2 days, that is a lot of breaches of contract all because Selwyns (and previously A2B) drivers treat it as an easy shift and do not run it properly.

Merseytravel stupidly never set the route to be the same each way for a long time too so it was officially only meant to serve all of Deeside Industrial Estate in the morning with the PM trips only serving Parkway near the petrol station. Key stops not put as timing points. Lack of promotion in Flintshire for it to be a valuable bus (given the poor service in Sandycroft).

The route is also stupidly slow and duplicates over other routes making the same journey patterns and seemingly professionals in Merseytravel have no care or knowledge on how to amend a bus service to make it useful for peopl.
-DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS-
Recently I was in Southport and I looked at the Bus Times at a bus stop on Lord Street Southport there was times for a so called 110 bus route ran by Lancashire County Council it ran like 2 buses on a Monday to Southport (don't know where from) it wasn't like an old timetable board either it was quiet recent from when Southport last had changes in January.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)