Current time: 16/09/2024, 20:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
And withdrawing the 70/71/72/73 Nantwich Rural routes replaced by go-too demand responsive service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/08/2024 15:33)mikestone Wrote:  And withdrawing the 70/71/72/73 Nantwich Rural routes replaced by go-too demand responsive service.

Withdrawing the 70 and 71 was in the recent Cheshire East consultation. I haven't seen the results published for that.

I wonder if the Poynton-Stockport section of the 391 will go back to hourly as also proposed in that consultation.
Update on the 72 and 73 - D&G have decided they no longer want to run the services, opposed to Cheshire East withdrawing them. It was not intended that the 72 and 73 would be replaced by go-too but Cheshire East are currently looking at 'various options' and will make an announcement in due course.
Thanks.
;
I didn't check but it was specifically stated on facebook as having been proposed in the consultation for the 72/3 to be extended to Leighton, far from being withdrawn.
;
In fact after a bit of digging the 70 was proposed to be withdrawn and the 72/73 extended to Leighton.
Service 'K' to start on 8 September between Keele and Chesterton. New service under contract to Staffordshire council using BSIP funding.

https://www.dgbus.co.uk/media/4747/k_2024-09-08.pdf
A comment now on the Cheshire East bus changes page making it clear that it was D&G's decision to withdraw them - doesn't seem to be in N&P so can we expect D&G to be called to a PI?
;
I do wonder if it is at least in part to resource the 41?
(23/08/2024 11:39)mikestone Wrote:  A comment now on the Cheshire East bus changes page making it clear that it was D&G's decision to withdraw them - doesn't seem to be in N&P so can we expect D&G to be called to a PI?
;
I do wonder if it is at least in part to resource the 41?

If it is then they're doing more badly than GHA Coaches a few weeks before they collapsed. GHA had won contracts for a few new routes, but when they found they didn't have resource they told the council, who made arrangements with the existing operators to extend the old contracts.

It might be D&G are getting complacent as competition is disappearing from the Crewe area. The council could strip them of the other contracted routes in the area if they have resource issues, but who's going to take them on? Stagecoach and First would want bigger subsides and Mikro are only a small operation.
I travelled on some of D&G's Enviro 200 MMCs recently - 575, 576 (new to D&G) and 570 (ex-Cardiff bus). Each one was fitted with the CIS but it wasn't being used at all on two vehicles and one just displayed "Macclesfield Bus Station" for the entire journey (the final destination), so nothing more than what the Streetlite DFs display internally.

According to bus times they have USB sockets. That's incorrect unless there's a very limited number of seats that have them or just one for the driver.

I wasn't impressed with the interior of 570. Cardiff Bus obviously ordered them with a lower spec interior than the Warrington Own Buses' MMCs (which I think are around the same age). The seats aren't that comfortable and the seat covers aren't in good condition. 570 also had a loose piece of plastic under one of the windows. It looks like Cardiff Bus stopped caring for them and all D&G have done is repainted the exterior and stuck a few D&G stickers around the driver area. The priority seating notice is still a dual-language Cardiff Bus sticker.
312 to be rerouted and retimed from end of October meaning it'll go from Lacey Green to Handforth Dean without crossing the Greater Manchester boundary.
Seems there's been a road closure between Wilmslow and Altrincham that's been affecting 88 services. Seems some have been missing out the Altrincham Interchange to Sunbank Road section, others have been taking a long diversion via Handforth and the A555, and others taking a shorter diversion via Ashley. I wonder if a lack of local knowledge is causing the inconsistency?

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)