Current time: 16/08/2024, 09:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wigan Coachways
RE: Wigan Coachways
(09/10/2012 18:34)Nicholas Wrote:  Yes, ex-Plymouth Volvo Citybus F600 GVO. It is in a yellow livery with Wigan Coachways vinyls plastered over the sides, front and rear (I assume this may only be here short-term)
On schooldays, it often works the 14:30 Leigh - Ashton 600 service, then does a schools job. The late morning 600 into Leigh usually seems to be a single decker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If you can get to Leigh for about 16:50 the Wigan Coachways operates the following journeys:

16:55 598 Leigh-Wigan
17:08 600 Leigh-Wigan

I know 16:55 normally gets one of the ex Stagecoach Volvo B10M Alexander PS's, not to sure what operates 17:08 600 though, I know its not the Citybus as after doing its afternoon/early evening college run it normally goes back to Wigan out of service
any idea on prices? i will have look into this myself

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/11/2012 07:34)M60lad Wrote:  If you can get to Leigh for about 16:50 the Wigan Coachways operates the following journeys:

16:55 598 Leigh-Wigan
17:08 600 Leigh-Wigan

I know 16:55 normally gets one of the ex Stagecoach Volvo B10M Alexander PS's, not to sure what operates 17:08 600 though, I know its not the Citybus as after doing its afternoon/early evening college run it normally goes back to Wigan out of service

The 16:55 598 from Leigh to Wigan I think comes off the 663 working from Winstanley College every week day, it is usually M56AWW or N551VDC, and the 17:08 600 I think comes off the 600 working from Winstanley College, and again is usually M56AWW or N551VDC. The 7:43 663 from Leigh to Winstanley College is usually F600GVO, and this then does a lunchtime home working. I'm yet to see the two recent B10Ms on any Wigan Coachways services. I use the services every week day, very lucky! Wink
N216TDU was out today on one of the college runs late afternoon from St. John Rigby College to Leigh in the Stagecoach colours that looked like it was half being repainted.
I take it these are commercially registered seeing as the Volvo Citybus and the B10M are both way over TfGM age limits for tendered work.
(26/11/2012 19:48)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I take it these are commercially registered seeing as the Volvo Citybus and the B10M are both way over TfGM age limits for tendered work.

I think that they are haha! Big Grin They provide a great service to and from college me thinks, I love riding on the old stuff! Smile
Interesting thing about their 598 is that it doesn't seem to operate to the same route as First Manchester/Stagecoach Wigan journeys as when I was on it the other week the Wigan Coachways evening journey at 16:55 from Leigh went straight up Manchester Road towards Wigan instead of operating round Belle Green Estate.

And yes these additional 598 & 600 journeys are operated commercially and only operate to get the bus back to Wigan in the evenings as from what I remember Wigan Coachways can then claim the fuel duty back on the mileage the bus has done which is something they can't do if the bus runs dead back to Wigan
Has anybody heard any more about N213/6TDU? N216TDU was out and about for a week or two in November/December however it seems to have vanished again now. I've not seen N213TDU once! :O
N216TDU is now in fully repainted into Wigan Coachways colours - it looks very similar to N551VDC now! Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)