Current time: 19/09/2024, 21:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot
RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot
(16/05/2016 05:22)childwallblues Wrote:  Ah well. And I thought moderators were there to assist their flock.

Thing is, registration numbers can be easier to see than fleet numbers, especially at a distance. That might have been all that the observer was able to see. At least there are means of getting fleet numbers online.

Plus registrations can at least put a guage on what is being talked about (at least by age) - seeing fleet numbers alone can often mean absolutely nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Gold 15243 from the 125 batch made it onto the X2 today, managed to catch a shot in Waterloo today. It was the 1145 departure from Preston https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/27...ateposted/

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The Gold Enviro400s are becoming more common on the X2: at least two were on it today in the form of 15228 and 15240. I managed a ride on 15240 from Bootle Strand to Southport and while the interior was nice, if a little gimmicky, the ride quality was a bit disappointing compared with the outstanding PX59CTK. Still, there's a lot worse out there!

The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way. I did hear a couple of people on board in Thornton commenting favourably on the 'gold bus', and it might just tempt a few more people out of their cars and off the train onto the bus.

The incumbent X2 batch is a decent set of buses, not too far off Gold standard, but clearly their reliability isn't brilliant of late with so many substitutions. Today, there were at least four (two Golds, a 62 plate and PX12EFD) and five has been commonplace in recent weeks. From an enthusiast's point of view, the variety is interesting, but it seems like time for a new batch of Scanias for the X2.
(04/06/2016 18:53)507009 Wrote:  The Gold Enviro400s are becoming more common on the X2: at least two were on it today in the form of 15228 and 15240. I managed a ride on 15240 from Bootle Strand to Southport and while the interior was nice, if a little gimmicky, the ride quality was a bit disappointing compared with the outstanding PX59CTK. Still, there's a lot worse out there!

The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way. I did hear a couple of people on board in Thornton commenting favourably on the 'gold bus', and it might just tempt a few more people out of their cars and off the train onto the bus.

The incumbent X2 batch is a decent set of buses, not too far off Gold standard, but clearly their reliability isn't brilliant of late with so many substitutions. Today, there were at least four (two Golds, a 62 plate and PX12EFD) and five has been commonplace in recent weeks. From an enthusiast's point of view, the variety is interesting, but it seems like time for a new batch of Scanias for the X2.

Can only speak about this years order but seems Scania are out of favour at the moment, quite a few Gold E400MMC are on order towards the end of the 278 strong order...none for up here though. I agree it would be ideal for Gold though given that the 1/2 for Chester have done so....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/06/2016 18:53)507009 Wrote:  The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way.

There was talks a couple of years ago about the X2 going Gold.

What has happen has been that the X2 buses were repainted, whilst the 125 Preston-Bolton, and 1 & 2 Liverpool-Chester were converted to Gold.

I do that the X2 would of been better then the 125.
If you go up to Preston, you'll often find X2 Scanias on the blackpool routes. So maybe not reliability issues, more to do with odd allocations
Tbh i have not thought much of the X2 since it was routed to serve Bank Village, now takes longer and first X2 off Liverpool on a Saturday gets into Preston after 10..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I bet that there are noy many through passengers on it. Too early for twerlies.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
15237 one of the Gold 65 Plate Enviro400's was on a 68 in Blackpool to Preston Thu morning.
Been big delays due to roadworks in St Annes so maybe a chuck out from Preston to cover for late running.

http://nextbustoarrive.blogspot.co.uk/
Dart 34744 was noted out in service at 2100 last night on service 111.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)