Current time: 08/09/2024, 02:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2024 new buses!!
RE: 2024 new buses!!
Just had a quick google, looks like it was renumbered 3981 but not sure why

Was jcksmnr
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/07/2024 15:56)Jack Wrote:  Just had a quick google, looks like it was renumbered 3981 but not sure why

One of them was involved in a fatal accident and was renumbered, so could be that one.
(24/07/2024 14:39)Jack Wrote:  The shorter ones could see off the remaining Cadets at Bangor.

14 Evoras from Luton will transfer to Bootle. A batch of Enviro 200MMCs will also transfer from Luton. In addition 6 brand new single deckers will also come to Bootle.

In addition 10 new singles are going to Green Lane, 8 to Runcorn, 6 to Speke and 6 to Southport and 10 to Birkenhead and 6 to St Helens.

All 52 new single deckers will be delivered in Yellow livery as we head into a new era with Franchising. Unsure of the exact bus types but Enviro 200 MMCs are part of the order.
Seems overkill to have yellow liveried vehicles running about when franchising isn't due to commence for another 2 years, as well as the fact it won't be fully completed util 2028.(?) Granted, I know the troublesome E400FCEVs ran about in a franchised livery. But I guess it's better than having to whisk vehicles (I.e. the new fleet) off when the time comes and bring in vehicles from elsewhere to cover for repaint work.

Bee Network may have done something similar in the past before franchising officially commenced but my memory is faint so I don't really remember.
(13/08/2024 21:16)NathanR Wrote:  Seems overkill to have yellow liveried vehicles running about when franchising isn't due to commence for another 2 years, as well as the fact it won't be fully completed util 2028.(?) Granted, I know the troublesome E400FCEVs ran about in a franchised livery. But I guess it's better than having to whisk vehicles (I.e. the new fleet) off when the time comes and bring in vehicles from elsewhere to cover for repaint work.

Bee Network may have done something similar in the past before franchising officially commenced but my memory is faint so I don't really remember.
Franchising starts in 2026 at St Helens with completion now brought forward to end 2027. Considering the amount of buses to be painted starting off now with new buses makes more sense.
Will there be any new buses for Wales?
(13/08/2024 21:03)Route102 Wrote:  14 Evoras from Luton will transfer to Bootle. A batch of Enviro 200MMCs will also transfer from Luton. In addition 6 brand new single deckers will also come to Bootle.

In addition 10 new singles are going to Green Lane, 8 to Runcorn, 6 to Speke and 6 to Southport and 10 to Birkenhead and 6 to St Helens.

All 52 new single deckers will be delivered in Yellow livery as we head into a new era with Franchising. Unsure of the exact bus types but Enviro 200 MMCs are part of the order.

I heard about some of the North East Streetlites coming down as well, unsure where they'll be allocated to but I heard something about it at Hooton Open Day
(13/08/2024 21:16)NathanR Wrote:  Seems overkill to have yellow liveried vehicles running about when franchising isn't due to commence for another 2 years, as well as the fact it won't be fully completed util 2028.(?) Granted, I know the troublesome E400FCEVs ran about in a franchised livery. But I guess it's better than having to whisk vehicles (I.e. the new fleet) off when the time comes and bring in vehicles from elsewhere to cover for repaint work.

Sort of related as regards the yellow livery starting to appear, but Stagecoach at Gillmoss are to start repainting stuff into the yellow 'Metro' livery later this year (info from a Stagecoach staff memo passed on to me.....)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(13/08/2024 21:03)Route102 Wrote:  14 Evoras from Luton will transfer to Bootle. A batch of Enviro 200MMCs will also transfer from Luton. In addition 6 brand new single deckers will also come to Bootle.

Only 6 for St Helens, there is 15 09 reg that has to be removed as there on the 15 Yr age limit. Plus the couple of 59 reg too. Unless some will be freed when WTY closes in December.

Can only imagine Luton must be in for a plethora of new vehicles, I certainly couldn’t envisage older Pulsars making their way down south in exchange for said vehicles.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)