Current time: 15/08/2024, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern Trains Ltd
RE: Northern Trains Ltd
Currently 260 full services cancelled tomorrow due to staff shortages, with many more expected to be announced on the day. There's also 30 part cancelled services e.g. Leeds to Chester services not going beyond Manchester Victoria.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Good luck to anyone trying to get to Manchester from Wigan this morning.

Checked to see if I could change from my Liverpool from Blackpool train due to the one in Preston being cancelled with no trains until about 12:15 from when I checked the 9:26 service.

[Image: GScErjsbQAAa9Y1.png]

Next time I'll get the coach - was only due to having £20 compensation that I took the train last time - as although didn't have issues getting there on Friday evening both trains on the return journey had WiFi issues as well (helpful when trying to work out alternative journeys and process delay repay!)

[Image: GScEywlW8AAAySd.png]

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Both the 17:07 and 18:05 Windermere to Oxenholme services are showing as cancelled tomorrow. That'll mean a 16:00 departure to Manchester Airport, and then the next train will be 19:48 to Oxenholme. That's on a line well used by tourists in the summer (both domestic and international).
The reduction in cancellations apparent from journey check apears to have been acheived at least in part by withdrawing Manchester-Alderley Edge locals - not sure when this began or whether it has ever been announced. Can't see a press release.
(13/08/2024 10:13)mikestone Wrote:  The reduction in cancellations apparent from journey check apears to have been acheived at least in part by withdrawing Manchester-Alderley Edge locals - not sure when this began or whether it has ever been announced. Can't see a press release.

I noticed when I was checking on options for my mum to get to a Manchester hospital a few weeks back.

I wonder if Manchester Piccadilly having two platforms out-of-service may be a factor? I think this is the work following a piece of glass falling from the roof on to a platform.

https://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk...-roof-work

While that press release doesn't mention it platforms 1 and 2 are currently closed, with XC and Northern's Stoke stopper allocated to platform 5, that's normally used for the Alderley Edge service. Although, logically if that was the case it should be the Hazel Grove service.

The Northern Sheffield services still diverting via Stockport could also have affected the platform and pathing options.
Yes, the roof works did cross my mind as possibly having an effect after my original posting.
;
I didn't spot the Alderley Edge reduction when the Sheffield.s were first re-routed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)