Current time: 03/10/2024, 21:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
Class 68 + Mk V Carriages no longer work on the South Pennine route. The last train was last Friday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
In the December 2023 timetable Liverpool loses its direct service to Hull.

(21/10/2023 18:03)childwallblues Wrote:  In the December 2023 timetable Liverpool loses its direct service to Hull.

I hope only having 1 hourly service via Chat Moss is a temporary measure was very busy at times during the COVID timetable.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
wow that is beyond the joke, use the service (Lea Green one) on a semi regular basis and often its near full..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TPE have released their long term plan. No certainty on whether they'll reintroduce the mk5s or not but a 185 refresh and revising the first class offering are on the cards.

https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/-/media/PDFs...Future.pdf
68032 + TP Set 03 have been taken to store at Long Marston.

8o2213 has been given a PRIDE livery and named Unity.

TPE have published the changes to the timetable for December. The main change is that the Liverpool Lime Street to Hull service is back, hourly at xx54 from Lime Street. The Liverpool to Newcastle service reverts to xx24 past the hour. The Hull service requires six diagrams three of which will be Class 185s and three will be Class 802.
The Manchester Airport to Saltburn service changes with fewer trains running through to Saltburn, most terminating at Redcar Central.
The recently introduced York to Manchester Piccadilly via Castleford and Wakefield Kirkgate becomes hourly. This service stops at all stations between Castleford and Stalybridge. Castleford Station has been totally rebuilt with Platform 2 re-opening after many years.
With the release of 185s from the Hull service these will be reallocated to the South Transpennine Liverpool to Cleethorpes service to make more six car trains.
There are no changes to the West Coast Anglo Scottish services.

I'd picked up most of that from RTT - do you have a link to the TPE version?
;
Perhaps the oddest change is the introduction of a new Huddersfield-Leeds stopping service, replacing the stops currently made by Hull services, with alternate services worked by Northern and TransPennine.
;
There is one slight change to the West Coast - there is a 19.04 Manchester-Oxenholme returning at 21.13 after a shunt via Tebay, the subject of a seperate track access application,
(16/08/2024 10:35)mikestone Wrote:  Perhaps the oddest change is the introduction of a new Huddersfield-Leeds stopping service, replacing the stops currently made by Hull services, with alternate services worked by Northern and TransPennine.

I wonder if that's down to crew/traction training? Although, should be nothing to stop a TPE class 185 with TPE crews being treated as a Northern service, to avoid any confusion with Northern only and TPE only tickets.

I notice the Piccadilly-York service is still showing as diverting via Wakefield next January.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)