Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(07/12/2013 23:04)jimbo Wrote:  Only started to see those 2 olympians recently so im guessing new additions

Indeed, they're recent additions from Arriva the Shires.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
d

17 02/01/2014 Rochdale - Manchester Run by Jpt. Jpt journeys are withdrawn.
112 15/01/2014 Middleton – Manchester Run by Jpt. Daytime journeys run by Jpt are withdrawn. Partly replaced by bus 118.

113 15/01/2014 Middleton – Manchester Run by Jpt. Withdrawn.

118 15/01/2014 North Manchester General Hospital - Manchester Run by Jpt. Times changed with additional journeys introduced.

This is a big change for jpt, appears stagecoach have suceeded in bullying jpt off the 112, and lets face it they never stood a chance with the 17 either.

Any information in regards to this would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
(15/12/2013 19:10)jimbo Wrote:  d

17 02/01/2014 Rochdale - Manchester Run by Jpt. Jpt journeys are withdrawn.
112 15/01/2014 Middleton – Manchester Run by Jpt. Daytime journeys run by Jpt are withdrawn. Partly replaced by bus 118.

113 15/01/2014 Middleton – Manchester Run by Jpt. Withdrawn.

118 15/01/2014 North Manchester General Hospital - Manchester Run by Jpt. Times changed with additional journeys introduced.

This is a big change for jpt, appears stagecoach have suceeded in bullying jpt off the 112, and lets face it they never stood a chance with the 17 either.

Any information in regards to this would be appreciated.

Hardly surprising really their struggling to make any money competing against the big boys. I wonder if their wishing they had sold out when they had the chance.

What's the guessing at the next round of service changes they register on the 17 and 112/113 again.
Probably likely... I dunno I think they need a route nobody does... or make a new one, such a hard thing to do though
(16/12/2013 05:59)jimbo Wrote:  Probably likely... I dunno I think they need a route nobody does... or make a new one, such a hard thing to do though

Making a new route costs too much money.
JPTs Facebook page is back up and running. A couple of let's say negative comments from November suggesting its been back a while. Wonder how long it will last this time Wink
They will go bust soon, massive shame hopefully bought out rather than go completely bust
(16/12/2013 14:57)jimbo Wrote:  They will go bust soon, massive shame hopefully bought out rather than go completely bust

Not sure about going bust, but they need to concentrate on the tenders and comercial services they already have.
They were once a decent small operator who focused on tenders around the Middleton area, theres no reason why they carnt do it again.
I am shocked at the 112, I thought they were doing alright on the route. How long have they been operating the route? I know they duplicated the Bluebird route, who operated before Bluebird, GM North?

Not so shocked at the 17, I have only seen a maximum of 3 people on board. JPT did not even match the competitors offer, let alone add something extra.

Who offered to buy them?
(16/12/2013 20:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  I am shocked at the 112, I thought they were doing alright on the route. How long have they been operating the route? I know they duplicated the Bluebird route, who operated before Bluebird, GM North?

Not so shocked at the 17, I have only seen a maximum of 3 people on board. JPT did not even match the competitors offer, let alone add something extra.

Who offered to buy them?

I think JPT were doing ok before the Bluebird takeover and then it's taken time for Stagecoach to settle in too that area but it's inevitable they cannot compete against the big boys for long.

Just look at Finglands - running at a loss for the last 3 years.

I hate to speculate about alleged takeovers but it was well dicussed on thier own Facebook page last year, nether the less with Stagecoach about to start dominating their stomping ground I carnt personally carnt see any larger company touching them now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)