Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Apparently saved; if they go bust most of the buses will be scrapped; plaxton primos and the enviro 300 may be sold
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What about 401 & Presidents?
Saved by who? An investor or another company?
(16/04/2014 21:53)jimbo Wrote:  Saved by whom?

But yeah a driver I know is saying they are saved

We've received an email along the same lines, I do hope it's true.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I saw the tweet Paul sent you, I just want to know how they've been saved...
(16/04/2014 22:57)jimbo Wrote:  I saw the tweet Paul sent you, I just want to know how they've been saved...

Yeah, we've received a separate email from someone else too.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
All sounds very interesting, and good news for thier drivers question is whether this is a short term fix or a bright rosey future for the firm.
Apparently passenger numbers have steadily fallen since January and the slashed day and weekly tickets was a last ditch attempt to buy them another couple of months - but even this failed.
If they have been rescued how are they going to entice passengers onto thier buses??

TfGMs take on this really annoys me. They have apparently known about JPT ceasing since the beginning of this week yet have publicly claimed to know nothing about any problems at JPT. Why is there such a need to keep passengers in the dark.
(17/04/2014 00:21)Mayneway Wrote:  All sounds very interesting, and good news for thier drivers question is whether this is a short term fix or a bright rosey future for the firm.
Apparently passenger numbers have steadily fallen since January and the slashed day and weekly tickets was a last ditch attempt to buy them another couple of months - but even this failed.
If they have been rescued how are they going to entice passengers onto thier buses??

TfGMs take on this really annoys me. They have apparently known about JPT ceasing since the beginning of this week yet have publicly claimed to know nothing about any problems at JPT. Why is there such a need to keep passengers in the dark.

Good point and yes I am also wondering is this just a sticking plaster over something there long term won't go away, can JPT run at a profit, and begin to make money bringing passengers back on buses. Standards have fallen for years untidy unkempt buses, drivers not in uniforms, as has been said previously doesn't not look professional on and off the buses for this company's image. Don't get me wrong it's good that the company have been rescued, whoever has rescued them! I cannot see them just throwing money away, on a struggling bus firm.
Ths only way the firm will last longer than a year is if they have been bought out; stagecoach were never going to play nicey nicey with them; they wanted them off the road; and with a buyout the best bet for the company would be a big boy like transdev, arriva or go ahead buying them out; somebody with enough in the bank to keep funding them even at a loss for a whioe
(16/04/2014 23:30)R557 ABA Wrote:  Yeah, we've received a separate email from someone else too.

Well they are certainly out this morning, I have just seen one of their vehicles on the 118.

If they are saved I hope they tidy up their act, as they have been on the slippery slope for a while now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)