Current time: 20/09/2024, 02:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot
RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots
(04/08/2014 20:46)Dentonian Wrote:  Although nothing has been said here, another group reports that 27113-6 entered service at Preston w/c 18 July! However, I can't find any photos of any of the four on the web. A whole new meaning to the phrase "ghost buses" (lol).

This has reminded me of a question I wanted to ask. I see that the 86/89 services from Fleetwood to Lancaster via Knott End are now every 90 minutes ( they used to be two-hourly ) and therefore require 3 buses rather than 2. Are 37127-9 destined for these services? 36184/5 were allocated for a while but they moved to Rock Ferry a few months back and I think Solos took over. If these 3 are for the 86/89 does anyone know what 27113-6 will work? Preston locals?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The logical thing to happen with the Enviro200s and Enviro300s going in would be the 4 darts and 2 Esteems out.

However, it actually appears that it will be Versas leaving (for the new X8 over at Chester perhaps?!)

Services 86/9 are now booked for Solos.
A 2X2 Scania had a bit of a problem in Southport yesterday:

http://www.otsnews.co.uk/a-stagecoach-x2...gine-fire/

I doubt it was an engine fire as there are no visible scorch marks, despite the somewhat lurid report of flames reaching the top deck windows. From the colour and density of the smoke, it looks more like a blown turbocharger.
The new vehicles are having tweeks to their on board hardware and will be in service imminently I was told today.
(06/08/2014 08:56)Dentonian Wrote:  Can you just clarify which "new" vehicles you mean? 27113-6 supposedly entered service from Preston w/c 18th July, with 37127-9 running media shuttles at the Open Golf the same week. Is it the latter trio needing tweaks before entering full passenger service?
Again, does anyone know which services these two batches are for?

I would expect 27113-6 to go onto the 3 (Preston-Penwortham) replacing four of the Versas and running alongside the ex-Preston Scanias 28513/4.
However I was in Preston on 22nd July and the Versas were still on the 3.
There's been no official word on what routes the vehicles are for.

This is Preston depot tho, so they'll end up on anything and everything!
If there replacing Versa's then I'd expect them to also turn up on the Saturday 115 Preston-Chorley service as that gets a Versa virtually every Saturday from what I've seen whenever I've been around Preston
I've just seen brand new Optare Solo YJ14 BVR on the 2 in Southport. Apologies if this bus has been reported elsewhere.
(07/08/2014 19:37)DEM777Y Wrote:  I've just seen brand new Optare Solo YJ14 BVR on the 2 in Southport. Apologies if this bus has been reported elsewhere.

Thiw was one of the 2 Solos used at Hoylake last month. For a new bus, the interior is rather tacky if you look at the attention to detail (e.g. seals around windows, inside of drivers cab door)
Enviro400 15469 appeared to have failed on Stanley Road in Bootle whilst Liverpool-bound on an X2 (still had its destination set, however all lights were out bar its hazards) at about 20:00 tonight!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)