Current time: 04/10/2024, 20:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/12/2014 16:57)Dentonian Wrote:  No. But those that were parked up at Wigan are slowly being prepared for service at various locations. This suggests they are earmarked for service.....not necessarily MagicBus, though.

Although I have no details at all of commercial changes in north Manchester (ie. ex Bluebird/Jpt services), from what I know elsewhere in the Stagecoach Manchester/Wigan network, there will be a small increase in double-deck pvr, albeit a big reduction in (hopefully) smaller capacity buses. This is due to significant cuts at Middleton (tendered routes) and Stockport (commercial routes)

That's interesting.
I must admit I've not kept up to date with the Tridents stored at Wigan - I know a few (4 I think) have been used on Merseyside rail replacement work. Is the intention to use them with the centre door in situ like the Magics on the 141 or have any been converted to single door?
I'm presuming these will mainly see use at Wigan following the rumours that it's to gain up to 30 deckers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I forget which one it is but I heard yesterday that apparently the first Enviro400 is due to enter the paintshop at Hyde Road shortly (if it hasn't already has done) to be repainted into Magicbus blue livery, reason being as new emission rules are due to come into effect shortly on Oxford Road which in return will release some of the older Tridents to be withdrawn
Noted 17520 outside Middleton depot this morning, complete with MMU and 141 stickers. Now THAT would cause confusion on the Salford Uni contract
(07/12/2014 12:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Do you know what these new emission rules are, in terms of which buses would fall foul - and how many? Depending on the numbers involved, would these Enviro400s be the remaining '56/07 reg Enviros at AZ, ST & WN, with the new MMCs allowing cascading of later examples from SH? At the other end of the age scale, some of the withdrawn Tridents could then go to WN as part of the 30 'deckers rumoured for there.

This is pretty much the cascade I believe will happen. I did notice the rumour here around October of early Enviro400s due for MagicBus. These could be released as a result of the imminent E40D-MMCs for routes 85 and 86. Then the Tridents may be repainted into standard livery for Wigan. Then in about 3 years, these Tridents at Wigan could be replaced by new stock or late Enviro400s (eg 19600s at ST or route 76 examples) displaced by new stock. Meanwhile these early Enviro400s on MagicBus duties could stay there until eventual withdrawal.

With imminent Middleton changes including a new route 114, it is a pity that no new north-south links are being introduced. I also notice how all cross-city routes so far (38, 50 and First 18, 41 and 42) are to/from Oxford Road, but none from further west eg Trafford or Wythenshawe routes.
Given that a large number of the MagicBus Tridents have already been offered (along with other vehicles) to other regions, I'd say its unlikely that they'll be going to Wigan.
10031 was also originally a loan (from Lancaster), but that may have changed.

Ballpark figures - I worked it out as about 65 vehicles in to allow all the cascades (assuming a straightforward 1 in, 1 out system) and the 30 Tridents to Wigan as rumoured.
So if you take Wigan out of the equation, only 35ish vehicles needed...which could feasibly be 29xE400MMC plus some PVR change. However, that doesn't include loan returns.
(07/12/2014 19:44)Dentonian Wrote:  Interesting! There have been rumours (based on simple common sense probably), of removing the older/non standard Tridents (ex Mayne/Bullock/Dennis) examples from the fleet, but definately nothing about their fate. Again, depending on how many "large numbers" means, it puts the future of the "loanees" back up in the air.
FTR, the loanees, as I understand it are: 18110/1 (maybe they were surplus to East's requirements, and could go to Wigan), 19004/17/47/68/80/3/98/130/65/99

I wouldn't have thought they would be non standard, they are mostly the same underneath, and would share the same parts (apart from ELC/Plaxton components) unless some of the ELC Tridents have ZF gearboxes.
Does anyone have more info on this route 114? Will it complement route 112?
(07/12/2014 21:14)Polo Mint Wrote:  Does anyone have more info on this route 114? Will it complement route 112?

I believe it's actually a red herring. Not sure why it's appeared (probably down to VOSA), but it goes back several years. Bluebird registered a 114 in the same registration as the 112 but I carnt remember if it actually got tried or not but I am reliably informed it's simply a registration error.
(04/12/2014 21:03)gilbert Wrote:  22406 was on the 384 that left Stockport bus station at about 5pm today.

Saw this bus near junction 5 of M60 [facing Stockport]about 1215hrs today being attached to a tow truck. I was driving the other way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 122 Guest(s)